Friday 30 May 2014

100 Days of Awesome: Day Seven - Thank God It's Friday!

Today was one of those damned frustrating days where you get absolutely nothing done that you had planned, because STUFF keeps happening. So I'm really glad it's the weekend... although admittedly, despite the stress, I actually kind of fed off it because it was one of those days that reminded me that my job is actually kind of important. Pity about the stress and the yelling and so forth, though. But feeling valuable was AWESOME. 

And you know what else was AWESOME? The weather! It was magnificent! So at least, even though I was rushing about like a mad thing putting out (metaphorical) spotfires, I got to look at my most favourite-est shade of blue ever. This colour makes me very happy. Something about the intensity, I think, and that it speaks of open spaces:

And I spoke to my Aunty Glennis for a while, which was AWESOME, and it was doubly AWESOME because one of my cousins just relocated his family to Melbourne, which means I get to see more of them. Huzzah!

Last but not least, I went out for a drink with the guy from Day One. He has bookended Week One of Awesomeness. I'm not sure how he felt about it, but I had a good night. We didn't really run out of things to talk about, and even after we went outside to leave, we talked for another ten or fifteen minutes. It was a fairly platonic, noncommittal exit from the evening, but I do recall his friend telling me the other night how shy he is, so heaven only knows if the platonic-ness indicates anything. I think it's probably worth us catching up again to see if there's anything there, in any case. Anyway, what was AWESOME about it - besides having quite an enjoyable evening with a nice guy - was that it was probably the first time in my life a guy has given me his number, that I have been interested enough to use it, and that we've actually been out and had a good time. Guess I'm finally growing up ;)

Anyway, bed time for me. Hope your Friday was awesome, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me the loves! Erm, I mean, comment here...